- Canada is a bustling hub for startups and tech opportunities, especially in backend engineering.
- A myriad of companies such as Coalition, Paladin Cyber, and Lightspeed Commerce are seeking backend engineers.
- Both remote and location-based roles are available, catering to a broad spectrum of job seekers.
- The positions range from senior to staff level, providing opportunities for career progression.
- Toronto, Montreal, and remote work options are the major locations for these job openings.
1. Backend Engineers Making a Difference: An Overview
Canada is at the forefront of global innovation, with startups pushing boundaries in tech. With the rise of companies like Shopify and Slack, Canada’s tech scene is thriving more than ever. For backend engineers looking to kickstart or advance their careers, the opportunity has never been greater. We’ve compiled a list of 12 top Canadian startups currently hiring backend engineers to help you make your next career move.
2. Senior Backend Engineer – Underwriting at Coalition
3. Senior Backend Engineer at Paladin Cyber
4. Senior Backend Developer (Java) at Lightspeed Commerce
5. Java Backend Developer at Localcoin
6. Backend Engineer, Local Payment Methods at Stripe
7. Sr. Backend Engineer, HCP Core Platform Systems at HashiCorp
8. Senior Backend Developer at Marketcircle
9. Senior Backend Engineer – Remote at Nacelle
10. Staff Back-end Engineer – Search at Faire
11. Backend Engineer — Data at Causal
12. Senior Backend Engineer at Plooto
Whether you’re a seasoned engineer or a recent graduate, these startups offer exciting opportunities to grow your career while shaping the future of Canadian tech. So why wait? Take a leap today and dive into the thriving world of Canadian startups.